If you are a fan of the fiendish TV quiz, you might like to have a go at this local version over Christmas. I hope it is not as difficult to solve as it was to compile! Drop me an e-mail with your answers.
Connections – Can you decipher these local clues and identify the link between them?
- Rare island dwellers / Tropical-sounding sailing club site / Sunny road transport / Fish merchant or pleasure boat operator.
- Kingston Lacy / Bramble Bush Bay / Maid of Poole / Herbert Ballam
- Woodcraft / Chivalry / Life-saving / Patriotism
Sequences – Three clues: what should come next and why?
- 2012 Lift / 1927 Lift / 1885 Swing / ?
- Iron Age Green Island / Roman Hamworthy / Early medieval Wareham / ?
- Broomhill, Hamworthy / Redcliff Atwell, Arne / North Haven Point / ?
Connecting wall – Can you sort these words into 4 groups? What connects the words in each group?
Missing vowels – replace the missing vowels to identify the words or phrases.
- Local houses or former houses: PT NHS / CNF RDS CHL / CLD SHLL / MN SNHS
- Beyond the law: CST MHSR DRS / SCGL LVR / TC HBR NCL MNT / HR RYPY
- Places of entertainment, past and present: MTYC NM / PLST DM / TW RPRK / BRN KSMS LRM
- Historic artefacts: LN GSPC HRTR / SWS HCH NNLW RCK / LGBT / PLPT TRYCL LCTN