If you feel in need of a bit of a mental work out over the festive season, have a go at this local quiz. (I’ve already had my work out trying to compile it!) Glory, and perhaps a small prize, awaits the supplier of the first correct solution.
Connections – Can you resolve these local clues and say what connects them?
- Kinson 14 / Bournemouth 16 / Lytchett Matravers 10 / Bournemouth 32
- M. A., hunter / M. B., defender / M. L., mayor / M. S-W., artist
- Isle of Purbeck / Maiden Castle / Luckford Lake / Nine Barrow Down
Sequences – Three clues: what should come next and why?
- Poole Corporation 1961 / Llewellin 1901 / Doughty 1828 / ?
- Rawston / Rushton / Keyneston / ?
- 17th– Royal Oak Tavern / 18th– Port Mahon Castle Inn / 19th– Waterloo Road / ?
Missing vowels – Identify the words or phrases by replacing the missing vowels.
- Mottos: WHS FRD / DMR MVL LDPL / PLCH RTDTS LBRTS / FRF DLT YNDFR DM
- Live entertainment: THRS HW / PLP RTS / BCHPL / BBMB
- Reading matter: DL YCH / GDBK / PLD VRT SR / SC LMD
- Poole pub crawl: NGL / BTL RN DHPS / BRM DTRN GL / BLBR
Good luck and happy Christmas Jenny