Did you find the Christmas quiz ridiculously easy or fiendishly hard? I must say that by the time it was compiled I no longer had any idea which it might be. Anyway, I have had notification from the Chief Christmas Quiz Wizard that I must issue some clues to help anyone whose quizzing faculties have been weakened by turkey, pudding, chocolate or alcoholic beverages. So here are the clues and in line with the pantomime season they are of course in rhyme. Sorry about that!
- My connections to unravel
- Choose a public form of travel.
- Try the shops in each location.
- Give four ladies admiration,
- But these local places rated
- You might find not quite as stated.
- Sequences their clues deliver
- Following the winding river,
- Old events commemorated,
- Owners of a mansion, dated,
- Phrases over-lapped deduced
- And the final clue produced.
- In the wall, four names discover
- And their modern forms recover.
- All around, four more are growing
- With some salt-cod terms worth knowing.
- Use the final four remaining –
- Buried, ancient sites obtaining.
Enlightened or further mystified? Some or all answers to Jenny at email@example.com . Answers will be supplied next week. Happy New Year.